Does your family need a garage? If you’re not sure, ask yourself these questions:
- Do you have a space to keep your car protected from the elements?
- How much do you enjoy digging your car out after one of our Wayland snowstorms? Is there anything more fun than scraping the ice off of the car in the morning? Isn’t it great to get into a car that’s only slightly warmer than the deep-freeze locker at the Siberian meat market?
- Where do you keep your holiday decorations, camping gear, lawn mower and garden equipment?
- Do you have space to pursue woodworking and your other creative passions?
- When the kids are being kids and your spouse is Having a Day and you need some space, where do you go?
A garage serves many purposes. The best garages make your home more attractive and add value to your home. Here’s what you need to know about having a garage built in Wayland:
Plan Ahead for Family Needs: When you’re planning to add a garage to your home, think about your family’s needs now, and a few years down the road. It doesn’t take long for the single-car family to acquire more vehicles – especially when the little ones riding in the back of the minivan are old enough to drive.
Attached vs. Free Standing Garages An attached garage offers the ultimate in convenience and comfort – imaging never having to set foot outdoors when it’s ten below zero! – but it’s not your only option. Talk to your Wayland building contractor about a detached garage. It can be the more affordable option.
Storage, Storage, Storage! Storage space is the #1 need of many families. There’s simply no room to keep all of our stuff – think camping gear, the bbq grill, bicycles, holiday decorations and more. You can keep these items in the garage!